Monday, January 25, 2010

Whales, whales and more whales!!

My mom watched the kids on Sunday, while the rest of the group went out on a boat to do some whale watching. Thanks Mom!!! The whale watching was amazing! First, we saw a sea turtle bobbing around in the water. Next, we went to see if we could find some whales. And, wow, did we find the whales! They were everywhere. We got really close (10 yards) away from a few. They were breaching, diving, talking, spouting...you name it, we saw it. The only problem is that the pictures don't do it justice. I really wish I would have gotten a picture of the huge whale breaching right in front of us...but, I never did. Below are some pictures of the whales fins...
On the boat...

This picture is of a "mommy" whale teaching her new baby how to spout. The "mommy" whale is behind the little whale. Like I said before....very hard to see in these pictures. So amazing...so many whales around.
No we didn't fish, but this fishing pole was pretty impressive, so my dad had to give it a try.


The below video shows how close we got to the whales...


No comments: