We took advantage of the sunny weather yesterday and got our Christmas tree. It is hard to imagine it is already Christmas time. The weather has been so good lately...really warm...maybe that is why it doesn't feel like December. Who knows, but we had such a great time getting our tree. The kids loved it. I think that Jackson picked out every tree he saw and thought it would be a perfect tree to take home with us. We finally picked one and Jason got to saw it down. Jack really wanted to help his daddy carry the tree to the car, but after a bit of convincing he walked with me instead. (So cute...he already wants to do all the boy stuff, like carry the tree to the car.) After we cut the tree, the kids got to see Santa. What a treat that was. Jack got right up on Santa's lap and told him what he wanted for Christmas, and Lauren went with Mrs. Claus for the picture. I should have taken a picture with my camera, but didn't, so I can't put the Santa pictures on here. Trust me, though, it was the cutest picture of the kids!!!! When we got home, Jack really wanted to decorate the tree, and he found the cookie cutters and thought that we should make Christmas cookies too. Needless to say, I put the lights on the tree and that was all that was accomplished. I hope that we can all decorate the rest of the tree tonight...and we will tackle the baking next week! What fun that will be!!!! I can't wait....
A Christmas tree just their size.
Having fun with Mommy!!!
Jack making his way through the trees.
I can't believe how big Lauren is now. Last year when we got our tree, she was just 2 weeks old and not even 10 lbs. What a difference a year can make!!
With Daddy~

Jason getting ready to chop down the tree and his little "helper" right next to him.

Just think how much bigger they will be next year at this time. I can't even imagine, and I don't really want to. The kids are a ton of fun right now.
Here is my plan to make sure Lauren doesn't pull the ornaments off the tree: I am not going to vacuum around the tree. She didn't like crawling on the needles...check out her hands in the pic. It is a win for all....Lauren won't ruin the ornaments AND I don't have to clean-up!!
A Christmas tree just their size.
Having fun with Mommy!!!
Jack making his way through the trees.
I can't believe how big Lauren is now. Last year when we got our tree, she was just 2 weeks old and not even 10 lbs. What a difference a year can make!!
With Daddy~
Jason getting ready to chop down the tree and his little "helper" right next to him.

Just think how much bigger they will be next year at this time. I can't even imagine, and I don't really want to. The kids are a ton of fun right now.
Here is my plan to make sure Lauren doesn't pull the ornaments off the tree: I am not going to vacuum around the tree. She didn't like crawling on the needles...check out her hands in the pic. It is a win for all....Lauren won't ruin the ornaments AND I don't have to clean-up!! OK, really it would drive me nuts having the needles all over the floor...I have already had the vacuum out three times and we haven't even had the tree for 24 hours. But, it was a great thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment